Polls show mix of support for Anderson, Woode-Smith

Rathlyn, HB, May 3 – Polls conducted over the previous few days have shown international support for continued Federal leadership in Sirocco over the Libertarian opposition, however it has transpired that it is not all smooth sailing for Premier Daniel Anderson. A poll introduced by the Times on Tuesday in the popular micronational Facebook group MicroGroup asked respondents whether they favoured the conservative Federal Party led by Anderson or the opposing Libertarian Party led by opposition leader Nicholas Woode-Smith. 58% of respondents (seven voters) chose Federal, while the remaining 42% (five voters) chose Libertarian. Anderson declined to vote on the poll to … Continue reading Polls show mix of support for Anderson, Woode-Smith

Rate this:

Zealandian territories ceded to Sirocco

Rathlyn, HB, Apr 14 – Sirocco will tomorrow morning wake up with its boundaries stretched much further with the impending acquisition of Zealandia’s New Zealand territories. Zealandia and Sirocco tonight formally agreed on a document to cede Zealandia’s land in Canterbury, New Zealand to Siroccan control. The Treaty of the Cantabrian Provinces formally cedes the Zealandian municipalities of Greater Hagley, Magja, Sandford, and Turaspolien to Siroccan control. Greater Hagley and Sandford will become Territories, while Magja and Turaspolien are to become Dependencies. Magja and Turaspolien will also be renamed to Maxia and Trinity, respectively, while Greater Hagley and Sandford will be … Continue reading Zealandian territories ceded to Sirocco

Rate this:

Zona crushes rival micronation, retakes land, province planned

Tre’wei, ZG, Jan 1 – It has been discovered that the Dominion of Zona has seized new land for Sirocco after going to war with a rival micronation and winning after its capitulation. Details are sketchy at the moment but it is known that in early December 2012, a friend of Zonian Shogun Nicholas Woode-Smith’s sister founded a micronation and proceeded to steal citizens from the Zonian provinces. When the paramilitary force she leads declared war on him, he capitulated and the territory taken by the rival was reclaimed, with the addition of extra territory. While only the Premier has the right … Continue reading Zona crushes rival micronation, retakes land, province planned

Rate this:

Libertarians merge together, second political party formed

Tre’wei, ZG, Jun 9 – Sirocco has a new political party this evening devoted to free market libertarianism. Zonian leader Nicholas Woode-Smith this evening submitted a request to form a new political party in opposition to the ruling Federal Party. After supplying information including registration address, ideology and official colours, at 11:37PM NZST (1:37PM SAST) the registration of the new Siroccan Libertarian Party (SLP) was officially accepted by Premier Daniel Anderson. The acceptance text read as follows: Be it hereby documented that on this day, Saturday, June 9, 2012 A.D., an organisation of like-minded peoples has been registered as the “Siroccan Libertarian Party” … Continue reading Libertarians merge together, second political party formed

Rate this:

Zona becomes Siroccan dominion

Alston, NCD, Mar 21 – Zona has formally become part of Sirocco today after the Dominion of Zona Act 2012 became active. A grand breakfast was held near Ridgelow this morning in honour of the successful merger of two of the MicroWiki community’s most pro-capitalist states. Afterwards speeches were held and the national anthem played with great gusto and strength. Throughout the day there has been a party atmosphere in Alston and it is thought the same is happening in Zageta, the newly-named capital of Zona. “Today is a fantastic day for both Sirocco and Zona.” Premier Daniel Anderson said … Continue reading Zona becomes Siroccan dominion

Rate this:

Sirocco and Zona to merge on Wednesday

Alston, NCD, Mar 18 – Sirocco and Zona have officially agreed to merge together this coming Wednesday, following the passing of the Dominion of Zona Act 2012 last night. Jointly worked upon by Premier Daniel Anderson and Zonian President Nicholas Woode-Smith, the so-called Dominion of Zona Act 2012 has laid the foundations for the merger of Sirocco and Zona later this week. Zona has agreed to become part of Sirocco at midnight NZDT on Wednesday (1pm Tuesday SAST). In the Act, the framework for lawmaking, political parties, diplomatic relations, the military, currency, broadcasting, language and time zones have all been … Continue reading Sirocco and Zona to merge on Wednesday

Rate this: